spring tonic

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBAKER

Reaction score
Ah, my first taste of fresh leeks. Small, tender and a little bite. Put this in potato soup for supper along with home made bread. Will make some dip later. It doesn't get any better than this ! No wine tonight, ---- well maybe later.

I love potato-leek soup! How do you make yours? I make mine rather simple..

sautee chopped/rinsed leeks in a lump of butter. when soft, add chicken stock and peeled/cut up potatoes. Boil until potatoes are falling apart. Blitz the soup in a blender (or food processor), Then return to the heat. add heavy cream, salt and pepper, allow to cook on very low simmer for another 30 minutes. serve with chives

YUM!

JohnT, your soup looks really great ! We don't get that fancy, just boil potatoes and smash, add milk, of course some onion, celery, salt & pepper. Add the leeks to taste. I like bacon or bacon grease in my soup but did not have any this trip. No chives here yet but would not use anyway. Keep the fire going, and thanks
denny

Do yourself a favor and try my recipe. I learned this in a cooking class and is just about the best soup I ever ate. I also top the soup with chives..

Here is a picture...

IMG_20140323_155351_728.jpg

Yes indeed ! My cook said it looked very good, more effort for us but well worth it. My sister makes a baked potato & garlic soup, maybe use leeks instead of garlic.

denny

Back