SPRING FEVER

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started the asparagus about 10 years ago from seed. A pound of seed was just a few dollars. I used my brother's plug seeder and seeded about 10 flats of 288. Most of it came up and I transplanted it into rows when a few inches tall. I grew it for another year and then dug it up with a mechanical potato digger. It uprooted them and dropped them into crates. I then spread it out into two beds where it grows today. A good way to get some cheap plants and roots growing, but takes a while.

Yours should go like crazy in a ton of manure like you put down.

Have fun in Manhattan. See you in the fall.

Still spring? A week ago it was getting down to the upper 30's at night. Last night it got to 72 degrees. Today's forecast high-88-present temperature 95 Degrees! We have a high ozone alert for air stagnation. I'm not sure what that means because the winds are from 10-20 mph. How can it be stagnant with a 20 mph wind?
smiley5.gif

Wow...we warmed up today also and it is 94 right now!!! Breaking records in RI with these temps.

Well I just checked again at 3:00 and the temp at the local station 97 deg. Here at my place two thermometersare reading 99 deg in the shade. The oaks are pollenating right now and the deck is covered with their output. Soon it will be the white pines.

masta said:
Wow...we warmed up today also and it is 94 right now!!! Breaking records in RI with these temps.

WOW! You all must be miserable. It is actually warmer there today than here. Just looked and it is 86 Fhere right now. Been cool for the last few days when the cold front dropped our temps to the mid 80's

Was hot like that here a few days ago...then the wind came up, switched and cooled right off....If your going to get our storm..."Hang on to your hats"...it was a windy one.

Well, we just had a few flakes of snow yesterday here and today it was low 60's today. but guess what the yellow flowers are on the lawns so tomoorw perhaps ill spend and hour and pick enough dandelions to make my first ever batch!! any suggested amount of flower heads i need to pick? for a gallon? for a 6gal batch? thanks

Latest posts

Back