Speedy Bentonite

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im a little confused on all the shyness about revealing a good retailer. isnt the experience of another beneficial to the survival of the forum? wouldnt a good experience with a retailer (as well as a bad experience) be beneficial to the entire membership?

i realize the forum is ad-sponsored, but i am curious about the reasoning behind allowing the advertising department to influence the actual content that individual users are posting?

is there some post on the forum that explains the no-tell policy and the logic behind it?

I am sorry, Rawlus... I have only been a member of this forum for about a month, and some of the other forums I belong to do not allow retailers to be mentioned.
It is not a secret... anyone who uses eBay and does a little research would have found this. If you find a better deal from someone with a higher rating, let me know. This guy rates right up there with George as far as customer service, fast shipping, and quality of product is concerned. You don't find many like this guy, and George, of course. Here you are...

http://shop.ebay.com/best_ben/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

If that doesn't work, go to eBay and do a search for Bentonite. Look for the seller named Best_Ben

I'll learn the do's and don'ts here... just give me a little time.
HB

First question Hillbilly...do you believe everything that every retailer tells you?

Second question...how about the government?

I didn't look in the dictionary on this point, but Speedy does not mean Best AFAIK. The best may in fact be the slowest.

Feel free to disagree. I never said that the Vineco bentonite is the 'best'. What I said is that it is speedy to add. You do not need to hydrate. You sprinkle on top of the must, and stir aggressively (something you should be doing anyway to incorporate oxygen into the must). SPEEDY!!! Wouldn't you say?

Also, I have mostly used this in Vineco kits, although also in a couple of other endeavours. It seems to work for me. Found something that you like? Great. Found a retailer that works for you? Lucky you. Believe a retailer? Hmmmmm (and I'm a former retailer).

Steve

Steve,
I was as diplomatic as I know how to be. What did I say to upset you? Surely people have disagreed with you before? Are you always right? Maybe so... I am not. I even said I was open to your telling me if I am wrong. Please do not get upset over something like this.
Alll I know is that the Wyoming Bentonite is known as the purest and best on the planet. This information is available on Wikipedia and on other websites I looked at. If it is Bentonite, it needs to be hydrated to be at its maximum effectiveness. As far as oxygenating the must, this is all good if you are fining during the pre-fermentation stage. Personally, I am doing my fining post-fermentation and oxygen is not a friend to the must at this point.
I would not have even responded, but when a person is asking for advice, I feel he/she is deserving of more than one opinion. I am still awestruck that you got upset.
I want to be your friend and am sorry I got you upset.
HB

Last edited:
I am sorry, Rawlus... I have only been a member of this forum for about a month, and some of the other forums I belong to do not allow retailers to be mentioned.
It is not a secret... anyone who uses eBay and does a little research would have found this. If you find a better deal from someone with a higher rating, let me know. This guy rates right up there with George as far as customer service, fast shipping, and quality of product is concerned. You don't find many like this guy, and George, of course. Here you are...

http://shop.ebay.com/best_ben/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

If that doesn't work, go to eBay and do a search for Bentonite. Look for the seller named Best_Ben

I'll learn the do's and don'ts here... just give me a little time.
HB

im still trying to figure out the dos and donts myself. thanks for the quick reply and the link! i too am familiar with the rules from other forums that essentially keep you from mentioning any non-advertiser or from saying anything negative about an advertiser... those sorts of policies drive me crazy!

Rawlus... I'm not even sure that Wade would even care, but I just don't know. He is a great guy and I feel sure we are ok on this. Enjoy...
HB

Back