***SPARKLING APPLE WINE****

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cold, windy and gloomy outside today...a good day to bottle 'The Saturday Night Special' ***Sparkling Apple Wine****

sawSmall-1.jpg

Forgot to taste it....
smiley3.gif
What was I thinking....

Kept the "Saturday Night Special' **Sparkling Wine** upstairs in the office to try and get the yeast fermenting in the bottle....downstairs was a tad chilly as we don't light a wood fire this time of the year.

warmSmall.jpg

The fermentation seems to be coming along nicely as seen through the clear bottle...[the window of activity]

growingSmall-1.jpg

Will keep it up here for a couple weeks.

Looking good NW, I've got a case of Sparkling Cherry just started the riddling, think I'm hooked. Found some scrap wood and putting a riddling rack together, may make a larger one if it works out.

JWMINNESOTA said:
Looking good NW, I've got a case of Sparkling Cherry just started the riddling, think I'm hooked. Found some scrap wood and putting a riddling rack together, may make a larger one if it works out.

What is your riddling rack going to be like??? Please share your plans!!!!

We have been looking to have my hubby build one like this....

riddlingrack.jpg

A member called Hammered on another Forum built it [yes, there is another Forum] I dug out the lumber to do it...just can't bother Jim at this time of the year to build it.

I didnt really have a plan, just looked at the scraps available and started drilling
smiley36.gif

20080430_183653_000_0188_Small.jpg

Maybe next weekend I'll get some good wood and build a larger version, this one will hold ten, so not enough for a full batch, but good enough to see it would work and not take up too much space.

20080506_170438_100_0567_Small.jpg

Turned out not much to look at but functional. Guess there is always plenty of time to decide what type to build in the future, but it is kinda neat to look at the bottles without having to pull them out of a box. Maybe two like you posted NW, only put together in a tepee fashion, that might be cool.

We have been dègorging the ***Saturday Night Special***...and tasting a bottle with each batch we do....

This batch just doesn't have the bubbles it should....?

I don't think I shook it enough when the yeast was working...
Live and Learn....Do as I say not as I do....
smiley19.gif

satnitesp.jpg

Back