Source for Chilean Grapes in Columbus Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
www.mercurioproduce.com. I've heard these are good grapes (from the guys at Gentiles on King Ave) but have never tried them myself. I was going to get a pail and some fresh grapes to try them out. It will be nice to have a good source here though. I put an email in to see if the pails are balanced yesterday and he's checking on it.

Awesome.... I was thinking the same thing get a pail of grapes and juice. Let me know what you hear, I would like to place an order. This will be my first go at something other than kits. What are
You looking to make cab, merlot etc?

I was thinking about getting 80#"s of Pinot Noir Grapes and a pail of Zinfandel. They also have a fall order from California I will be looking into.

these buckets do appear to be balanced. Here's the approximate values:

Brix is around 21 to 23

Ph 3.6

TA I am not sure
Their is some S02 about 30 parts

Yes I did! Not the Chilean juice last spring but some Californian and Italian juice this fall. I made the trio up to luva bella up in Youngstown, mostly because there was a get together with a bunch of us. I think we're doing it again this year too. You should join us! The stuff from macurios was pretty good. The California juice was from Lori Gold and the Italian juice was actually from L'uva Bella anyway so it all worked out

That sounds like a plan.. Sounds like a lot of fun! I wanted to make a Chilean Cab the price for the juice and the Grapes ..You cant beat. I will be ordering this spring. Thanks for the reply. Keep me updated on the progress of wines. Did you have to do a lot of adjusting? I wonder if they have any frozen left over? I went out to there site, it is under construction.

Shoe, Are you ordering Chilean Juice this year from Joe M. Company? If so do you have a list of what they will have available to order?

He usually sends that out in late march or so. I can ask him when he expects ti put it out. I. Planning on buying from him. It will be my first Chilean order as I missed the deadline last year. I'm also getting from luva bella because I love their malbec. That might be all I get from them.

Thanks for getting back to me. I called him yesterday. He called back, asked for my information. He said they are getting together the information and will send out very soon. Do you know if Joe gets California as well in fall.

He does! He gets the Lodi Gold. I purchased a bunch from him last fall and so far it all seems pretty good. He also carries luva Bella's Italian juice.

They're right in line with everyone else. 6 gallon buckets are in the $50's. The selection is pretty typical so.... same with Muscaluso's (spelling) I'm very happy with all the juice a got this fall. I got some from both sources :).

Yeah.......I got mine last week. I ordered the same day. I did 3 6 gallon pail of Pinot and 3 lugs of grapes. I have heard a lot of buzz about the Pinot Noir. I am thinking to go Natural with 12 gallons and the other Amhaus yeast with the other. In the spirit of Henri Jayer.

Yeah. I was going to get 1 each of malbec, Pinot gris, cab sauv and sangiovese (spelling). I've learned to try 1 bucket prior to purchasing too much as I have 12 cases of Chilean whites in the basement that are nit very good. Hoping the years will help.
I might have to try the Pinot Noir after your post. Thanks for the tip

Back