So you think you've had a bad spring?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mississippi mud

Reaction score
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=760>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top align=middle width=760 colSpan=2>

Today's History and Birthdays
b.gif
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top align=left width=500>Today in History
1994 President Nixon buried in Nixon Library in California
1984 Over 70 inches of snow falls on Red Lake Montana
1960 1st atomic powered electric-drive submarine launched, the Tullibee
1937 U.S. Social Security system makes its 1st benefit payment
1861 West Virginia secedes from Virginia after Virginia secedes from U.S.
</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

It seems like all we do is complain...guess we should be greatful for all that we have....good or bad.

NW I couldn't handle 1 winter up there. Snow seems to liftmy spirits for about a week then the cold saps my soul.I hope you guys have a long summer and we have a mild one.

Our summers are pretty awesome...they days are really long...so you have twilight till 10:30PM and pre dawn starts soon after 4 AM...the Robins and other birds are active very early....so you wake up in good spirits...sometimes..... then, they are too loud some mornings.

We bitch and complain about the snow...and it does drag on...and busts your moral.....especially this winter...it came early and stayed late. Then I watch the news and see the detestation of the tornadoes and count our blessings.

I agree with NW. We might complain a lot about the weather up here, but in the end I don't think I'd rather live anywhere else. Cold, yes. An occasional tornado here and there (but nothing like you guys down south). Other than that, we don't have any poisonous spiders or snakes (although we have mosquitos the size of chickens), no hurricanes or tsunami's to worry about, we get a 1.0 earthquake about every hundred years or so. Life's so good the only thing we have to complain about is the snow. If you look at it that way, it's really not that bad up here.

there,s and old saying people (if you think you got it bad ,just look around you) but does winter ever end there i for one would go cabin fever////
smiley5.gif
hope your spring/summer arrives soon
smiley2.gif

joeswine said:
there,s and old saying people (if you think you got it bad ,just look around you) but does winter ever end there i for one would go cabin fever////
smiley5.gif
hope your spring/summer arrives soon
smiley2.gif

It is said that in Minnesota the four seasons are Summer, Almost-Winter, Winter and Still-Winter.
smiley2.gif

Back