Snow in CT!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That road looks like it is in good condition. Where r all the people?

Well, here in Westchester (just south of the CT line), it's a lot of fuss over not much. Politicians and the media ... that's where the real "storm" was. I suppose it's good for hardware and grocery stores. I would be getting ready to drive to work, except our idiot Governor has imposed a "travel ban" that includes this County.

Well, at least it's purdy....

I've a brother that lives out on the Suffolk County north shore and speaking to him this morning @ around 8:30 AM he said he had about twenty inches. Looks like he'll get several more inches before it finally clears out. He's got a small 4 man snow removal crew which he was initially calling in @ 9;30 AM but he'll have to put them on standby for a few more hours.

I went out @ about 7:00 AM to take a swipe at my ~700' driveway. Maybe about 6" not counting the drifting. Only real hassle as dealing with the wind. Oh, and clearing at the bottom of the driveway and around the mailbox was a waste of time because no sooner had I don so a town plow truck came by and put me back to square one. I know they're just doing their job, I really do appreciate the work that they do and the sacrifices they make to be out in these storms, I should have known wait to do that part of the snow removal until the storm has past.

Looks like it'll clear out for me around 2:00 PM and having already cleared once the snowblowing should go rather quickly with only a few inches to take care of.

Really glad to hear all you noreasterners are OK. I noticed traffic got really quiet on here last night and I was beginning to get a bit worried. Just take it easy moving the snow. NO HEART ATTACKS!!!

I live in Westchester County as well, just finished clearing the drive/walkway. Having lunch then onto work (medical group with over 50 locations) not opening until noon.
Trouble is, I am the Telecom Engineer, and already there have been several offices who will need their calls rerouted.
Would have been better if we did get the major dumping forecasted...

Thanks,

Steve

This is the parking lot of my office building at about 9:45 this morning. My car, the only one here (the ones in the back are being stored there). Obviously, it could have been pretty much a regular work day... if not for all the stupid hype. (Sigh.)

parking lot this morning.jpg

This is the parking lot of my office building at about 9:45 this morning. My car, the only one here (the ones in the back are being stored there). Obviously, it could have been pretty much a regular work day... if not for all the stupid hype. (Sigh.)

You could have parked a little closer! :)

You could have parked a little closer! :)

Well, maybe. But I am actually parked in the closest actual parking spot; all that space is for trucks and deliveries and stuff... of which I'm sure there will be plenty today.

(I can't decide who I hate more, Andrew Cuomo or Bill De Blasio. Travel ban?!! You gotta be kidding me!)

Well, maybe. But I am actually parked in the closest actual parking spot; all that space is for trucks and deliveries and stuff... of which I'm sure there will be plenty today. Nah park far away for the exercise, you certainly did not get any having to shovel all of the no snow!

(I can't decide who I hate more, Andrew Cuomo or Bill De Blasio. Travel ban?!! You gotta be kidding me!)
Equal despise for both as far as I am concerned.

Thanks,
Steve

Well, maybe. But I am actually parked in the closest actual parking spot; all that space is for trucks and deliveries and stuff... of which I'm sure there will be plenty today.

Just remember that they were going by the forecasts and are not fortune tellers any more than you or I. If they hadn't implemented a travel ban and we had a real blizzard (which could have happened if things were just a bit different) then hundreds of people could have been trapped and may have died. What would everybody be saying then?

Do not turn this post political or it will disappear. That is the forum policy - NO POLITICS

snow_zpsmvtln8kf.jpg

That amount of snow/ice would have completely shut down Huntsville, Ala. All it takes here is anything over 1 inch. Just saying... :D

I gotta feel for mayors, though. They can't ever be right with snow. Do what the forecasters say you should and it doesn't happen? You over-reacted. Adopt a wait and see approach and it does happen? You're a fool for not taking precautions.

Anybody argues with that, I got two words for ya: Jane Byrne. Look it up. :D

Folks are getting snow all over New England again and we are joining in this time. This is one of those snows where we get a lot of inches for the amount of precipitation. In other words it is a very dry fluffy snow. It is currently snowing an inch or two per hour with the air temperature a balmy -10F with some wind blowing it a bit. I was hoping we would miss out again because it has been so cold, but we ran out of luck. Oh well..................

Latest posts

Back