Snow in CT!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks are getting snow all over New England again and we are joining in this time. This is one of those snows where we get a lot of inches for the amount of precipitation. In other words it is a very dry fluffy snow. It is currently snowing an inch or two per hour with the air temperature a balmy -10F with some wind blowing it a bit. I was hoping we would miss out again because it has been so cold, but we ran out of luck. Oh well..................

Wish it were all snow here in CT but the southern part is now getting mixed precipitation and freezing rain.

I'm on the line right now of snow and freezing precip. I'm thinking of letting the freezing stuff fall on the snow and then when it ends be able to get under the frozen stuff with the snowblower. If I get the snow off now I could wind up with an iced driveway.

Still waiting for my son to get home from his 3rd shift job (~32 mile commute) and even though he is an adult it stresses me out some waiting for him. Likely he'll not be able to get the car up our long driveway that starts very steep at the road.

Back