WineXpert Slow going

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. Can I rack with what I have or is there something I should get to make this process easier

The short hard plastic tube with the valve on the end is a bottling device...you will only use it to fill your bottles...it works great.

To siphon from you primary to the carboy, or from carboy to carboy just use the long hard plastic tube with the soft rubber tube....you'll have to start a siphon either by sucking on the end of the soft tube...or... some people use a new sanitized turkey baster [I have yet to try that method]

I have an auto-siphon like the one that Masta Posted in a previous photo...mine must be defective or operator error...I haven't tried it since I got the plastic topper.

Here is a photo of racking from the carboy back into the primary bucket when we were ready to bottle..

racking.jpg

Hope this was helpful....

DaveB50 said:
I cannot think how anyone could have trouble getting a auto siphon going, put it into the carboy, pump it a couple times, it's going. Maybe you had a defective one?
Dave

I had a hard time using my auto siphon for the first several tries. I finally had to use bread ties to tie the tube to the hard part of the siphon. It leaked air so much that it wouldn't siphon. Now I use the bread ties or plastic coated wire but I have to be careful I don't crack the hard tubing.

Coaster,

I had the same problem with my siphon....I used two hose
clamps to solve the problem. Works great now because no
air leaks into the hose.

EC

Here is a pic
20070209_144846_Auto_Siphon.JPG

Back