Skeeter Shandy?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahRides

Reaction score
This summer I have been drinking a few store bought Summer Shandy's. For those who don't know, it is half beer, half lemonade. It is pretty low in alcohol content (usually 4.5%) and made with a light ale. Then I started thinking about making my own. What do you all think about crossing the streams and doing a blend of some sort of light ale and plain Skeeter Pee? Has anyone ever done this? What type of beer do you think I should try? I am definitely intrigued and would probably make it for next summer. (By the time all is said and done, if I did it this year, it wouldn't be done and drinkable until the fall). Thanks!

Summer shandy is great. Sam Adams porch rocker is also quite good. I think you have a great idea there. I think an american cream ale would be a good choice. Toughest part would be to get the percentages of each ingredient right. But it would be a ton of fun testing!

Actually that sounds super good, I just finished some skeeter pee and am about to start a light beer, maybe I'll try to mix a lil of them!

Latest posts

Back