Skeeter Pee ( The Juice )

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Medieval

Medieval
Reaction score
I'm about ready to start a batch of this lemon wine. I have a question that maybe some of you have already ran into before so thought I would ask just to be certain.

The recipe calls for ReaLemon or equivalent now let me tell you I just happened to have a 15 oz of ReaLemon in the fridge, then I went out to the market and found some generic stuff same ingredients when I got back I did a taste test and WOW to me atleast (ReaLemon) has such a better tart taste then the generic!!

The question really is has anyone used generic stuff instead of ReaLemon or have used both and have had a much better taste with a specific brand or does it basically come out the same? The generic stuff is only about a dollar cheaper but atleast to my taste buds the (ReaLemon) taste much better then other sort of taste like it's really watered down I guess it's just lacking that kick I get with (ReaLemon). If anyone is familiar with this recipe and has had success either way it would be great to know which works best.

I can take these two bottles back and just pick up ReaLemon instead if it will make the wine taste better. Thanks

If you think the real lemon tastes better then I would use it. Remember the saying the better ingrediants you start with the better the final product you get.. Just my opinion..:sm

Great point Brian, I used the ReaLemon with some sheer luck I actually found a reference on this forum or another wine forum about this same topic from a couple years ago. The individual went on to mention that they used both but thought it tasted better using ReaLemon.

Instead of local market going to the bulk store such as BJ's or Same Club is cheaper since food prices are insane these times at the local market 32 oz bottles are running $3 each but if you go to BJ's or Sams Club they might have 48oz pack of two for $6. Thats what I ended up doing anyway :)

Ya know I look at it this way.. I am making 5-6 gallons of wine and for the price difference that we are talking (a few bucks) why scimp.. LOL I wish you luck with the SP and I am sure it will turn out fine. :dg

Latest posts

Back