Skeeter Pee bottling alternatives

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RussR. The PET1 plastic bottles are FINE (perfect) for short term SKEETER PEE consumption. The big issue I have with SP "gone bad" is AIR not PET1 plastic. When I put SP in a 3 liter glass bottle; there is a 3 day timeframe before the leftover SP gets a significant Bite from the O2 because I use minimal Campden tablets. Yes I corny keg SP and just fill smaller bottles for immediate consumption, however, from all the research I have read, PET1 is the best plastic to use. Think about it, ok? The LEMON concentrate is a PET1 plastic bottle so the ACID is not an issue, right? SP has a low alcohol content so this degradation isn't an issue either. Air (oxidation) seems to be the thing that gives SP a Bite so 16 oz water bottles filled to the top seems to me a great way to enjoy the summer. I just happened to take a SP water bottle w me to a social gathering. People just assumed it was one of those koolaid flavor packets added to water. I think I might go get some Poweraide PET1 bottles.

Last edited:
FWIW I age in 1 gallon carboys and then when we need more I rack to 2 1/2 gallon carboys and cap and put them in the fridge.

Sometimes I do 2 different flavors at the same time and then use 4 of the 1/2 gallon carboys.

Has anyone here ever tried the Party Pig for their SP? We have a brewer here that sells there beer in one of the pigs (with deposit) and I have been considering picking a couple up for my homebrewing. I am just finishing up my first batch of pee and am thinking at the rate we go through it the pig may be something worth trying.

Never really thought about a party pig. Go for it and let us know how it works out. There are used ones on Craigslist.

Back