Simple philosophy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
This is a deceptively simple philosophy that I have been working on, and refining for most of my life.

I am delighted to say that, finally, I have refined it down to its essence sufficiently to share it with a select band of friends who may appreciate its elegance and simplicity.

How true!

What is that saying about us as we get older - "As the charm wears off, all you have left is character"

Haha, very true! I'd say the peak is reached in the teenage years at some point, and as one progresses through adulthood, you just take it all in stride with a smile on your face...

Isn't it amazing how simple graphs tell us so much! :)Well done my friend!

Soooooo, what age does the graph peak at?? I am 30, lost my G.A.S at 16!!LOL....to me this looks like a punk kids, stupid tuner subaru impreza, dyno chart.

Soooooo, what age does the graph peak at?? I am 30, lost my G.A.S at 16!!LOL....to me this looks like a punk kids, stupid tuner subaru impreza, dyno chart.

Well, here is more of my research that veers off the "joke" category...

The age timeline varies. For example, I did not experience declining G.A.S. until I was 50, and then the decline was precipitous and it continues. I wish I had peaked about 30 because I missed out on a lot in those intervening 20 years.

My current G.A.S., following economic turmoil and job loss at age 54, then re-employment in a diminished position at a much diminished salary, is still declining. The re-employment did not improve my G.A.S. This is not a bad or negative thing, it just means I perceive differently than I did before, and I likely will never perceive as I did again.

I find that among many younger people now 30-39, the peak G.A.S. may have actually come at a mean average age of 22. Time will tell, because only moving forward in time proves whether the aggregate G.A.S. is actually going up or down. I don't necessarily see this early G.A.S. peak as a bad thing, though some bemoan it. It could result in a more relaxed society going forward, for example. We'll have to see what happens...

We now return you to the Joke Forum!

Back