Cellar Craft showcase spanish tempranillo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patc

Reaction score
Has anyone done this kit? If so do you have any taste info? i am about to order this as i really like this winebut was wondering if anyone had info on it?

Your not going to go wrong with a Showcase kit with a grapepack.
If you like Tempranillo you will most likely love this kit.

Give old George a call. I bet he has made it and will give you some honest feedback.

I haven't done this particular kit, but as a CC with grape pack, it couldn't be anything but great.

November 2011??!! I could be dead and gone by then! Ya just gotta try it within 1 year to make sure it shouldn't be "donated" to a good cause you don't care all that much for...

If I recall correctly, there are only 1-2 tempranillo kits available. I've nearly bought that one before, and probably will soon.

BartReeder said:
November 2011??!! I could be dead and gone by then! Ya just gotta try it within 1 year to make sure it shouldn't be "donated" to a good cause you don't care all that much for...

If I recall correctly, there are only 1-2 tempranillo kits available. I've nearly bought that one before, and probably will soon.

Be happy its not me you are waiting on! I'd wait for 2 years before tasting
smiley4.gif

And Paul and VCasey are wise to do so. I opened a bottle of my 2007 Chardonnay which is now three years old last night and it was rocking. Time can be very friendly to wine, that'sfor sure.
- Jim

I'm certain this wine will considerable time in a barrel as well.

Paul

JimCook said:
And Paul and VCasey are wise to do so. I opened a bottle of my 2007 Chardonnay which is now three years old last night and it was rocking. Time can be very friendly to wine, that'sfor sure.
- Jim

You know I discovered very early on that I just don't enjoy green wines. I understand the appeal of tasting it along the journey but its just not something I like and maybe because I tried this with an Apple Wine and by the time I started to enjoy it there was only 1 bottle left.
So I'll leave the tasting along its journey to others and I'll enjoy mine later.

VCasey,

I'll drink to that, for sure.
smiley20.gif
This is also one of the reasons that I'll leave a bottle (or a couple) out and stoppered on the countertop for days with the wines that I've made before drinking it. Of course, there are different strokes for different folks and as long as we enjoy what we are drinking then that's the ticket. I'll stick with long wait times (like commercial wines) as it suits me better.

- Jim

Well here we are, November 2011. BartReeder, I assume all is well and your not dead and gone. This is a pretty good wine. It spent seven months in the barrel. Nice consentration, dark fruit, licorice, rasberry,almost port like. I would do it again but doesn't appear to be available.

Paul

<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">Not seeing it in the Showcase line, but I see one that would probably turn out just as good over in the RJS Winery series line. See link below.
smiley20.gif
<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">
<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">
<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">http://www.finevinewines.com/XPListSubRe.asp?MM_PartNumber=24813

Latest posts

Back