Cellar Craft Showcase Rosso Fortissimo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made this kit last april I bottled it a good 5months ago i opened a bottle a month or so ago and it wasn't to bad . The other night i tryed another bottle and it was really terrible totally different from last months bottle it is cc rosso fortisimo
carmine

I've had this happen with two bottles opened a day apart (Not from this kit). We opened one bottle and loved it, opened another bottle the next day and it was horrible, it tasted like a different wine altogether.

Last edited:
so is this kit not good? i'm going from primary to seccondary this wednesday and when it's all said and done i plan on bulk ageing for one year before i bottle so i plan on drinking this 1.5 yes frrom now. is it going to be delicious as i have heard?

please forgive my typos i'm on my blackberry

I've been making wine for just over 5 years trying all sorts of 8 week kits. Finally, 10 mos ago I discovered CellarCraft's Showcase 8 wk "crushed grape pack" kits and I am SO-O-O impressed. They really need to be aged a minimum of 6 mos to really begin to show their quality. My first batch was the Rosso Fortissimo which was bottle just over 8 mos ago. I have tried one bottle every month since it was 3 months old and it just gets better and better. If anyone has tried the CellarCraft Showcase series and knows of other brands that are as good or better, please let me know. Thanks.

I'm about to start my second Rosso Fortissimo kit and am trying to save most of the already bottled 1st kit, but it's so good each time we try a bottle! The Amarone is very good too, tho it wasn't as great early on, so I'm letting what's left age.

CellarCraft Rosso Fortissimo was the very first CellarCraft kit I made 15 months ago. I would call it a good wine, but not outstanding. However, I then made a Rossi Fortissimo limited quantity superpack kit 9 months ago and it is superb. In fact, I have made ten different CellarCraft kits and there is not any of them I would call bad. I have been making kits for six years and CellarCraft have been the best and most consistent.

Last edited:
CellarCraft Rosso Fortissimo was the very first CellarCraft kit I made 15 months ago. I would call it a good wine, but not outstanding. However, I then made a Rossi Fortissimo limited quantity superpack kit 9 months ago and it is superb. In fact, I have made ten different CellarCraft kits and there is not any of them I would call bad. I have been making kits for six years and CellarCraft have been the best and most consistent.

I think the Limited Edition kits are a cut above the rest. Seem to be richer.

I made the Showcase RF about 7 months ago. As it is now holiday season 2011, my wine stocks are being heavily depleted. So... when my wife asked for a red yesterday, instead of sacrificing another of my Amarones I opened a 7-month RF. It is certainly drinkable, but my sense is that it is still quite tannic.
Can anyone with more experience with this kit suggest what is a suitable age for drinking this wine?
thanks in advance
Bob in Maple Valley, WA

Last edited:
Mine was started in Sept 2010 and it is just now starting to drink very well. This one definitely needs 12 mo min IMHO and 15 mo to really become approachable.

Back