should I refrigerate juice concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olusteebus

Reaction score
I received a half gallon of merlot concentrate from Home winery supply the other day and it was, to my knowledge not refrigerated. Should I refrigerate or will it do any harm to refrigerate.

Gonna make a merlot and blackberry jam blend this week.:p

You can, 3 months in the fridge, 3 years in the freezer. All I've ever gotten was not refrigerated befor I received them. Got 25 in the freezer right now.

I asked this exact question whether it was ok to refrigerate or freeze winery concentrates...

"Yeah put them in one or the other, they will not be damaged by either"

Right from the horses mouth.

I have had a peach one from them in the fridge since early Dec. I was wondering how long it will last too. I can't imagine that more than 3 months in the fridge is OK. I probably should toss it out. If they vacuum packed in cans it would be different, but these are just plastic milk bottles.

I have had a peach one from them in the fridge since early Dec. I was wondering how long it will last too. I can't imagine that more than 3 months in the fridge is OK. I probably should toss it out. If they vacuum packed in cans it would be different, but these are just plastic milk bottles.

I would probably open it up and smell it first, it just might be still good.

I would probably open it up and smell it first, it just might be still good.

I kept my first ones in the fridge for 6 months. No problems. They tasted great. Don't toss that bottle.

As usual, good advice. I smelled it and it doesn't smell bad. But does fruit smell bad like an egg would, or does it smell like compost? lol I tasted it too and it tastes very fruity. Not necessarily peachy, but fruity.

I can't believe I haven't made it yet. I put it in the fridge in the guest house and forgot all about it. I'll make it at the end of the month when I get back from vacation. I think it will be ok anther few weeks.

You are good to go, I was thinking I was going to have to tell my husband we have to drive to Texas to get this concentrate before you threw it away:<

You are good to go, I was thinking I was going to have to tell my husband we have to drive to Texas to get this concentrate before you threw it away:<
Come on down! I promise you'll love the weather. it was 84º and sunny today. The Jeep is screaming to go to the beach.

I know this is off topic, but I gotta post this label:
0FD40D8B-D307-46C0-BB9B-7E224A903151.jpg

I was about to post this exact question since all my carboys were in use and I have four homewinery concentrates in my refrigerator. Then I found a Craigslist ad for 5 gallon carboys for $20 each. So I had to buy five!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I was about to post this exact question since all my carboys were in use and I have four homewinery concentrates in my refrigerator. Then I found a Craigslist ad for 5 gallon carboys for $20 each. So I had to buy five!

Great find! And you'll have one to spare. Time for some Skeeter Pee

Would love to but doctor says to limit my sugar intake. I ferment everything dry and don't back sweeten.

Latest posts

Back