WineXpert Shiraz Update

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bovinewines

Reaction score
So my WV Aust. Shiraz has been patiently aging since around mid-November and am I ever glad I decided to oak it and kick it to the curb and ignore it!

Tasted it tonight....fruit forward...just a hint of tannin...this one is going to come out very nicely....color is fab!

I'm a happy camper with this one.

Now I'm off to deal with the ######## step child called Blueberry Pinot Noir I have to go fix!

smiley36.gif

Would that be your red-headed step child?
smiley36.gif
Sounds like you are highly pleased with the shiraz.

WADE! You changed your graphic! I liked the Grinch!

Anyway...yes...PWP...I'm very pleased with this one. I think the one lesson I learned is that procrastination and patience pay off very well when it comes to wine.....

It was supposed to be a dog peeing on a snowman and the snowman melting but it didnt work!
smiley19.gif
I didnt check it to see if it worked and since it didnt Ill change it back.
Edited by: wade

I tried again but I cant shrink it down from 41kb and keep it moving. How do you like this 1?

PolishWineP said:
Would that be your red-headed step child?
smiley36.gif
Sounds like you are highly pleased with the shiraz.

The one hair I have left that isn't Grey is really crushed
smiley36.gif

Hi, Do you have any of this left? If so how is it now? The reason I ask is, I bottled the same kit last weekend after 4 months of aging and it was rather disappointing. Very little of anything to talk about. Actually many more negative than positives.

I know patience and time in a bottle....My plan is to leave it in the rack, I'm just hoping it will come around. Thanks, Jeff

Latest posts

Back