WineXpert Selection Estate Series Italian Barolo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spree

RedWino
Reaction score
Has anyone ever made this wine kit? I just ordered it tonight and I'm looking forward to getting it started. This will be my second wine kit once I bottle my Shiraz.

I am doing this kit from RJ Spagnols.

Let me know how you make out. I just put mine in the primary today.

WE SE Italian Barolo

This was one of the first kit wines I made. I chose it early because it got such great reviews on this forum and also I figured it would need much aging. I followed directions except I aged it in glass carboy about 6-8 months. It has great potential I think. It's very drinkable now but needs another year or so. Don't get it if you're in a hurry because it would not be fair to this excellent wine. I don't think you can go wrong here, just don't be in a hurry. From what I understand, it may change a bit over time, meaning not just slowly continuing to improve but actually giving somewhat different taste profiles as it ages. Good luck!
NS

I have one of these that is about 16 months old now. I tried a split back at the end of Nov. and it had great colour and excellent body but still lots of oak so I'll go another few months and try again. I find it takes about 2 years for these top end kits to shine - it will be great when it's ready.

Unfortunately it has only been a few weeks since bottling the WE It. Barolo but I CAN say that it is already a WOW on MY scale.

A friend gave me this kit about a year ago and it is sitting in closet(I don't do kits much), anyway with Giovannino scale at WOW, on his entirely scientific scale, think I will dig it out and put it together

A friend gave me this kit about a year ago and it is sitting in closet(I don't do kits much), anyway with Giovannino scale at WOW, on his entirely scientific scale, think I will dig it out and put it together

Yeah I know I don't know any of the fancy terms (lol) but I'm sure you will NOT be disappointed. Good luck.

I'm sure you can tell - I really love my dry reds.

Unfortunately it has only been a few weeks since bottling the WE It. Barolo but I CAN say that it is already a WOW on MY scale.

How did the taste develop while you were making it? :dg

I am really looking forward to making this now. Although with the long maturing time I think I'll need to start a 1-3gal batch of something I can drink right away.

How did the taste develop while you were making it? :dg

I am really looking forward to making this now. Although with the long maturing time I think I'll need to start a 1-3gal batch of something I can drink right away.

Sorry, I didn't do any tasting until bottling time.

Well I started the kit and its in the primary. Here we go.

I actually redesigned my room to make better use of the space for wine making and ordering some more tablespace and rubber mats to protect the floor.

I went from bulk aging at 8mos to bottling this. Gonna give it a taste test soon but will likely let it age another year in the bottle.
:dg

Back