Seeking info on United Cellars of San Jose

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JargonScott

Junior
Reaction score
Howdy,

I have an opportunity to purchase a 250ish bottle cellar that was made in 1999 by a company called United Cellars inc out of San Jose California. Are they still in business? The unit is a model VC 260.

Any help would be much appreciated!-Nate

United Cellars

701 Kings Row
San Jose, CA 95112 - View Map
37.371790 -121.899410 Phone: (408) 924-0122

Categorized under Wine Makers'' Equipment and Supplies. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $500,000 to $1 million and employs a staff of approximately 1 to 4.

I called the number, it appears to have been disconnected.

The guy who posted it on craigslist had the receipt, he bought it from a wine accessory store in Dallas about 15 years ago. I called the store and they said United Cellars has been out of business for a number of years.

I went and looked at the unit and it seems to me that it will work well for my purposes (I'm going to pull the storage slots out and convert it to a humidor).

Does anybody have a rough idea of how much these things cost used? It's about the size of a standard refridgerator and has a Breezaire cooling unit. Brand new he said it cost around $1500.

Cheers,
Nate

Latest posts

Back