Quantcast

Sediment at bottem of the must

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

lethargy

Junior
Reaction score
hey,

i started my very first batch today- a nice rasberry wine. its been about 9hrs, and its comming along nice (according to the book im reading- the art of wine making) there are nice carbon dioxide bubbles forming, the cap is solid (ill break it before i go to bed), and the liquid is decently clear...

however, there is a fairly thick white lair of sediment forming at the bottem (might be the yeast), and my book dosnt say anything about that...

is this natural, if not how do i fix it?i can include a picture if it would help.

Nubz

Boozer
Reaction score
theres nothing wrong
its just yeast
and maybe sugar also that didnt disolve all the way

Tom

Reaction score
Your cool so far. Wait till the Am and smell what the yeasties did while you were sleeping.
How big a batch is it?

lethargy

Junior
Reaction score
i didnt want to make a large batch (Plus i only had a few razberrys) so i cut dow a 3 gallon batch to 1 gallon (i just cut back respectivly on each ingreadient(sp?)). like i said this is my first batch, so i dont know if this was adviseable, or not.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
One it gets fermenting all this stuff will be floating up and around like a lava lamp and hen settle back down as fermentation slows down.

Latest posts