sauvignon blanc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevs15

Reaction score
Good evening everyone!

I am looking to to start a Sauvignon Blanc that would be ready by summer time...around June. Is this possible? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I generally use the Cellar Craft Sterling series for those early quaffers. I have not made the SB from this line, but have made the PG and chard. Wife likes PG and it needs at least 3 months in the bottle, (hated it before that.) But at 4 months was pretty darn nice for the price. This is our house wine and we keep them lined up to be ready when supply runs out. I didn't care for the Chard as much. It was by no means bad, but I didn't oak it on purpose because I detest all the over-oaked california chards and wonder if I had added just a little if it would have helped.

I didn't mean to hijack the SB thread, just that my point is the sterling line is good quality quaffing, early drinking whites in this line.

Thanks! I think I might go with the Cru Select New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

We started with the Vino Italiano only $42 form Amazon with free delivery. My wife really likes it, and it's drinkable at 3 months. I am on my 3rd Sauv Blanc kit just to have some wine for her while my good kits get proper aging. We tasted the WE New Zealand Yesterday at 3 months and it is way too young.

Latest posts

Back