Quantcast

Saudi Arabia

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Joel

Junior
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the Saudi Arabia was a dry country.

jpwatkins9

Reaction score
Expats do make wine in Saudi, but you have to know who they are. Most of the expats are in the ARAMCO camp in Khobar near Dharan on the coast. Not really allowed, but as long as the expats don’t push it, it is ignored.

Joel

Junior
Reaction score
Expats do make wine in Saudi, but you have to know who they are. Most of the expats are in the ARAMCO camp in Khobar near Dharan on the coast. Not really allowed, but as long as the expats don’t push it, it is ignored.
lean something new everyday, I had heard that folks stationed there would head over to Dubai and enjoy themselves there.

Optimistic

Junior
Reaction score
Yes Aramco is deferent area. But I’m in Riyadh the capital. I’ve tried 1 local wine but it wasn’t good.

jpwatkins9

Reaction score
Some friend’s made it and it was OK. Have made some myself there. Bahrain is much closer than Dubai, just a short drive across the causeway and through customs of course.

Reaction score
I'm also assuming the diplomatic quarter is not hosting their typical parties because of COVID. French Embassy always had good wine at their parties.

Jan

Junior
Reaction score
Some friend’s made it and it was OK. Have made some myself there. Bahrain is much closer than Dubai, just a short drive across the causeway and through customs of course.
Notice the nice cars on the right side behind the wire fences, just before customs, they got caught, these vehicles will be available at auction.

Latest posts