• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Saudi Arabia

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expats do make wine in Saudi, but you have to know who they are. Most of the expats are in the ARAMCO camp in Khobar near Dharan on the coast. Not really allowed, but as long as the expats don’t push it, it is ignored.

Expats do make wine in Saudi, but you have to know who they are. Most of the expats are in the ARAMCO camp in Khobar near Dharan on the coast. Not really allowed, but as long as the expats don’t push it, it is ignored.
lean something new everyday, I had heard that folks stationed there would head over to Dubai and enjoy themselves there.

Yes Aramco is deferent area. But I’m in Riyadh the capital. I’ve tried 1 local wine but it wasn’t good.

Some friend’s made it and it was OK. Have made some myself there. Bahrain is much closer than Dubai, just a short drive across the causeway and through customs of course.

I'm also assuming the diplomatic quarter is not hosting their typical parties because of COVID. French Embassy always had good wine at their parties.

Some friend’s made it and it was OK. Have made some myself there. Bahrain is much closer than Dubai, just a short drive across the causeway and through customs of course.
Notice the nice cars on the right side behind the wire fences, just before customs, they got caught, these vehicles will be available at auction.

You might find unfermented wine in the supermarkets in the form of grape juice. Add yeast wait a few days, and hey presto!

Unfortunately the juice may will be a grape type that isn’t too flash - such as the grape juice type used by McCoy - which is concord grapes. Concord juice ferments to a wine that resembles a muscat wine which requires three to five years before it resembles anything pleasant (if at all). Maybe try fermenting some fruit or botanical wines based directly on fruit that you can buy at the markets.

Really! You're going to make wine in a country that FORBIDS it,
and cuts off the heads of people who are deemed bad by the clergy!
Yeah, good luck with that one.
I say 'Move to where the wine is!'

Latest posts

Back