Other Sangiovese kit recommendations?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saccharomyces

Junior
Reaction score
I was looking at two kits...one is the Winexpert Select Premium Sangiovese, and the other was the Mosti Mondiale Il Toscano (which is mostly Sangiovese). Anyone have experience with either/both of these kits? Realizing all tastes are different, just curious of others opinions of these kits and the wine they produce.

I thought about a Super Tuscan kit, but I really want something closer to a traditional Chianti.

Thanks

The SE Sangiovese is a nice wine. Mine is just a bit over a year old, very drinkable younger than that. I also am liking the SE Valpolicella (though I did add some left over grape skins from my fall all grape batch - 6 lbs worth). Once again can be an early drinker as it is just under 9 months old and very tasty. The Super Tuscan kits are good to, never made one but have had several samples from another wine maker.

Hello Sacharomyces,
Don't know about the Il Toscano from Mosti Mondiale, but I had good succes (as per my own taste and comments from friends), with their 23lt All Juice Sangiovese sterile must.
If I remember well, MM did change some of their appellations last year. Their current Il Toscano was formerly known as Chianti.

Back