Rough Draft. help me out by testing it

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rshosted

Reaction score
Take a look at this site. I need a few people to put information in. (even if it's not real).

If you go look at this site, please feel free to enter something.
It's a new wine tracking web site for amature wine makers like us (and a school project for me)

http://www.iyad.profusehost.net/wine3/

PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT YOUR INFO TO BE SECURE OR PERMANENT HERE> IT IS ONLY TO TEST AND GET YOUR FEEDBACK (in order to make the site better for us all). Edited by: rshosted

Looks pretty cool. I started one with a cherry wine I'll be starting
tommorrow. A little generic though. They need to add some names like
type of yeast instead of yeast 1, yeast 2 and so on . Flavors are a
little short too. They should have left these blank to be filled in by
the vintner. I'm sorry if this is your draft. I wasn't thinking until I
noticed but honesty is what counts, so I threw you some ideas just dont
shoot me. I will like this and use this if it gets changed a little
because I like the fact that it doesnt get crazy with info that I just
dont use. Some of these programs are a kittle beyond what I want to do
and I dont like 3/4 bof a page blank. The one I just started on that
site is 3/4 blank right now only because I havent started it yet and
dont know how much sugar, acid blend and so on to add yet. Also the SG
needs to be more adjustable.

Edited by: wadewade

Well, I tried. I created an account and tried to login but it would not happen !!

I created an account and it seemed to work fine for me. Here is a link to a site that I currently use. It has some great features, but limits you to 10 batches. http://www.fermsoft.com/log/index.php One feature I like is the bottle tracking feature. The program will keep a running total of bottles you have in your cellar, but you have to update as you consume.

I was able to create my account, but it would not log me in.
smiley19.gif

Yeah, I have a lot to do. But I appreciate everyone trying to test it for me. I'm not sure why it won't allow login. Did you use anything other than letters for your login or password?

Wade: I will be adding in all different types of yeast and making everything more adjustable. I just needed to see if it was good in concept -so far. I May have to take your suggestions and add a 'bottle inventory' for people who want to track how much they have consumed too. (Thanks).
As for being too honest? There is no such thing. If something is dumb or sucks, I would rather change it or add something else.

I'll repost when I get it a little more advanced. I'll keep checking on the user ID/Password issue.

Those of you with a problem logging in, feel free to try
User: test
Pass: test

Thank again all.
-Ryan

OK, I created an account and added a wine I started Friday. IMO numerical values should be entry boxes, not pull downs. I assume you will add other pages for racking, bottling, fining, etc.

It looks good. Nice and professional.

Just tried to add a few things because I didnt actually start it last
night and I cant open the wine that I started. It says wine fermenting
and when I click on it nothing happens.

I signed up and logged in ok. I started 1 wine frim memory thinking that i could go back and change any errors and add the information i needed to refer to my records for. The program has an update feature but i believe i could only update items that were already entered. Did I miss a delete feature???

That update info was not there for me before but it still would not let
me go to the page with all the ingredients where I need to be.

Again, this site is merely for testing at this point. If I have some people put in information, I have more to test with. I will be working on making the page more functional as I go.

PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT YOUR INFO TO BE SECURE OR PERMANENT HERE> IT IS ONLY TO TEST AND GET YOUR FEEDBACK (in order to make the site better for us all).

Thanks again for the feedback, keep it coming. Some of the issues I've already recognized, but it's good to hear it even if I have considered it already....
smiley23.gif
smiley20.gif

Created an account and with a little tweaking I will definalely use.. Good Job..
smiley4.gif

I assume you are using a database for the back end. If so, I would allow the users to add items like the names of the varietals, for you. It will require more programing on the front end, but will significantly reduce maintenance time for you.

I built and maintain this site, so if I can help, please give me a call.

yeah, I am using mysql as the backend with PHP on the business tier. I see that this site can go a long way, but I'll have to keep making baby steps.

As for the varietal, I meant to have people be able to choose, or put thier own in.... but you know how that goes.....

Thanks for the offer george, if I get stuck, I'll call you...

Latest posts

Back