Rooting in potatoes?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
Someone shared something with me on Fb about rooting roses. Says cut the stem off fresh and stick it in a potato, then bury the potato in good soil and the stem will root. Wonder if it would work for grapes?

Simply cut healthy stems, place them in large potatoes, and them bury them 3-4 inches deep in a healthy soil mixture of peet moss and top soil. The potatoes keep the stems moist and help develop the root systems. It's a perfectly simple way to multiply your rose garden without spending lots of $$$.

James, Grapes root easily! no need for the potato but it would not hurt.

JS, I cant believe you asked that....I thought you a farmer.
just about all vines will take root, on roses you can get a root stimulator, which works on grapes as well.
try to take a cutting with a node on it...
heres a pic of one way....

cutting-info-135x300.jpg

I'm especially good at killing cuttings. I'm going to try this with elderberries.

lol, well cattle certainly aint grapes...for sure....good man..I love beef.
what kind you raise there.

Just a small commercial herd, mostly black Angus mixed with other stuff.

black angus, will work...you pen a couple up every year and feed corn...before butchering...

Peterson Farm Brothers, "I'm Farming and I Grow it"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H7zOQrX3U[/ame]

:)

I tried raising chickens once, but they kept dying on me. Then my buddy told me I was planting them to deep and too close together.

Hey, Jim

Maybe you could talk those Peterson brothers into getting rid of the corn and wheat, and putting in grape vines...?

Latest posts

Back