RJ Spagnols Rj spagnols

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey

Reaction score
Thinking of trying the ocean breeze Cosmo and/or Long Island ice tea. Anyone try them? Should I increase sugar to start
I believe the Cosmo is a 3 gal kit

Never tried that particular kit. It sounds a little different. I do add 3 to 4 pounds of sugar to the other 6-gallon Orchard Breezin' kits, but that's just me. I am sure they would be good without the extra sugar.

Thinking of trying the ocean breeze Cosmo and/or Long Island ice tea. Anyone try them? Should I increase sugar to start
I believe the Cosmo is a 3 gal kit
These appear to be a new RJ Spagnols line called Lounge rather than Orchard Breezin'. I did not see the Cosmo on their web-site but the Long Island was listed as Limited Release. I looked at the instructions linked for the Long Island, and it is described as a 3 gallon kit.

I saw the Cosmo kit at a number of web sites, and it showed as 3 gallons. For example,
http://www.bullfallshomebrewdepot.c...=00000005&subcategory=00000076&index=00001279

Steve

I saw it was only 3 gal kit. But think ill give it a try,one of them anyway. I'm a newbie and SWMBO is berry tolerant of my new hobby and all my "stuff" but isn't thrilled about any of my beer/wine. I think she'll like my Chilean Cabernet but its still bulk aging. Ill keep all posted

Lounge kits

:try I make these all the time for my wife and her friends if you go to this thread when good wines gone bad, you'll find running a series on these on how to ,there are great party one kit no need at sugar the specific gravity should start at around 1.10 no enhancements needed just follow the process is a wine kit, that finishes into a great one cocktail. :wyL

:try I make these all the time for my wife and her friends if you go to this thread when good wines gone bad, you'll find running a series on these on how to ,there are great party one kit no need at sugar the specific gravity should start at around 1.10 no enhancements needed just follow the process is a wine kit, that finishes into a great one cocktail. :wyL

Yep, you are right about not adding sugar if the SG is already that high.

Finished product

That's what I have ben saying all along, if your alcohol content ends around 10/11% then when you add the flavor package it becomes balance out, the amount of sweetness verses the abv,is enough to allow all the flavor to shine through, at least that's been my experience with them easy to make, fun to drink, no fuss no muss..:d

Latest posts

Back