Rituals in wine making

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomy

Reaction score
I have a few rituals I do when making wine, and so far have never had a stuck fermintation. The first thing I do is pick up around the kitchen, not clean mind you but just straighten up. I then tune in the radio to the classic Rock & roll station, put on my Lance Armstrong yellow bracelet, hang the medicine bag made for me by Crow Flyes High in Nam around my neck. I then select the yeast I want to use out of the fridge, and press between my hands for a good two min. I then cut open the bag, place one grain on my tongue to see if its active, then pitch in must.
Any rituals you do to insure a good fermintation on your must?
Tomy
smiley32.gif

I too must have the classic rock on.. I leave it on even when im not there. Im not as ritualisti9c as you but I know my wine likes music.

Well I dont get great fm reception in my basement so I plug my mp3 player in and get going. I try and get a lot done in 1 shot now instead of the very couple of days which used to bother my wife.

smiley2.gif
ya tomy,first turn on 92.5 country music,look at my babbys and ask how there doing,if i don't hear any complaints i get started,every time its the same,just me the music and the wine,,,got carried away no stuck fermentation,,,,just rituals,,,,relaxes me,,,know what i mean!!!!!

Istare myfilled carboys first thing whenI wake up, before heading to work, when I get home, and beforeI go to bed. I never tire of watching paint dry I guess.
smiley2.gif

Tomy,
I'm fairly new at this but a ritual seems to be developing. I like to do my wine stuff to Jazz and one particular CD hooked me so lately I put it on and turn it up: Mel Torme and George Shearing "Songs of WWII" It would please me greatly if I could make a wine 1/10th as good as those two make music.

I do the I-Pod thing with a mix of Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Willie Nelson and Native American flute music.

WOW Waldo! Thats pretty eclectic! I myself am pretty eclectic and vary from classical Vivaldi or Handel to classic Jethro Tull!

Latest posts

Back