WineXpert Riesling kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erk1817

Junior
Reaction score
I am looking for a change of pace and thought I might try a riesling kit next. I've had some very good rieslings and some that I really did not like. Does anyone have any experience with these kits such that you could provide some enlightenment? Personally, I don't like the sweet rieslings, but the ones that are fruity and smooth while still maintaining something of a dry or tart quality (I hope that makes some sense). Thanks for the help.

erk1817, I have recently made an RJ Johannisberg Reisling and was very drinkable after 30 days in the bottle. We even compaired this to a commercial white that we liked and always drank, and the reisling was much better. The RJ kit finished a little sweet, I would say just off dry. Hydrometer at finish read .999. It was very good for what we like, I would think if you wanted it dry, you could just let it ferment out completely, instead of following the directions to the letter as I did. I have to say, for a $49 kit, I was impressed.

I luv reislings have made from can alexander california reilising and grand cru. The alexander I got got to much alcohol aboutt 13.5 but it was dry. the second batch made to the letter its six months now had a bottle chrismas eve Very good. the last batch califonia i have not had yet to soon. Buty it look good and smelled good going into the bottle. I tend to let all my kits finish fermenting.9 to 12 days in primary fermenter makes sure IF i want to sweeten I will do it whenI bottle. But the more I makethe less sweet I like unless agedsweetness aka time in the bottle.Its your wine you taste buds you get to make it the way you like it.

Latest posts

Back