Rhubarb wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boyd

Reaction score
Having problem clearing.

Used sparkaloid, Bentonite, and more peptic enzyme, and still have a haze. Degassed using 22 lbs. vacumm.

I did throw in a few ripe bananas and am wonderinf ig it could be a starch haze from the bananas?

Made from pure juice using Luc's freeze thing to remove some of the acid. Started at .8 acid.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure, word around here (my neighbourhood) is that Rhubarb never clears quite right.

Made from pure juice using Luc's freeze thing to remove some of the acid.

I'm having difficulties with this method, I juiced my rhubarb, froze the juice, and got this..... Which part is the red part? LOL

2zp74lk.jpg

Last edited:
if you read Luc log you would have found two different methods one calls for cutting the acid away and the other one tells you to let it thaw for three hours and drain the acid off check his log then decide how you want to do it

I'm not entirely sure, word around here (my neighbourhood) is that Rhubarb never clears quite right.

I'm having difficulties with this method, I juiced my rhubarb, froze the juice, and got this..... Which part is the red part? LOL

2zp74lk.jpg

You seem to have a plastic jug.

Cut the jug away and scrape or cut the top 1/4 inch away.

Mine was froze in a 5 gallon pail so I used a large sharp wood chisel.

Thanks! I'll give that a go! Tried the "thaw for 3 hours" thing, but the liquid in both looks remarkably similar. And woe is me, I have no acid testing equipment on hand. :(

Latest posts

Back