WineXpert Reviews of WE kits and recommendations

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chitownwine

Reaction score
So I Know there are random threads on WE kits and reviews just seeing if anyone would wanna throw down there favorite and best WE kits. I myself have only done a few oft the lower end kits including Vitners reserve chianti and Pinot grigio both of which didn't get to age much past 4 months without be consumed but were good at that point of course nothing to really compare to. Started mezzo Luna red and white and a vintners Pinot noir also. currently bulk aging noir on french cubes.

Next like to start a selection kit in the mid range level. Heard good things about Luna ross a, anyway do selection kits and if so any reviews.

Thanks..

I made the Port and also the Muller Thurgau both are very good but still aging. It's been 4 months since I tried the Port. Maybe time to see how it's coming along.

I have a Pinot Grigio that is going to be bottled after checking a few more posts here tonight. I think it was the Selection series. It seems good so far.

I have a Limited Edition Shiraz Vognier that is bulk aging right now but will bottle that soon too. I have not tested it several months so when I do I'll let you know.

What do you like to drink? I think that will help narrow down some responses you'll get.

Typically like a light to medium body dry red. Looking to try some medium full kits too like a merlot. Like a lot of oak in my reds. any suggestions.

If you like lots of oak, here's an of RJ Spagnols kits that you should consider.

Cru Select Australian Shiraz Viogenir - large shavings od oak (about 4 cups), Hungarian oak cubes (2ozs?) - I measured the oak when the Restricted Quantitis kit came out in 2006. I believe the kit still contains the same amount of oak. We cut way back on the oak, and really enjoyed the wine. Will definitely make another.

Steve

Typically like a light to medium body dry red. Looking to try some medium full kits too like a merlot. Like a lot of oak in my reds. any suggestions.

You can always add extra oak to anything you make. Don't let the kit contents sway you.

I made a WE Selection Estate Series Wash. Columbia Valley Riesling and I love it.

Bottled In the Making
Sel. Estate Sonoma Dry Creek Valley Unwooded Chardonnay 16L
Selection International Chilean Chardonnay 15L

Bottled Bottled
12/25/2011 Selection International French Cabernet Sauvignon 15L
03/17/2011 Selection International French Chardonnay 15L
11/24/2010 Vintners Reserve Chardonnay 10L
01/15/2011 Selection International Australian Chardonnay 15L
03/15/2011 Selection International French Merlot 15L
05/28/2011 Sel. Estate Sonoma Dry Creek Valley Unwooded Chardonnay 16L
05/15/2011 Selection International Italian Montepulciano 15L
09/24/2011 Selection International Chilean Carmenere 15L