RJ Spagnols Restricted Quantity program

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darryl

Reaction score
Hi Yall!!!

What insight do yall have for the restricted quantity wine kits... I have the High Altitude Argentinean Trio and waiting on the Okanagan Valley Red Meritage. Anything that I need to worry about.
Thanks for the help,
Darry

They are kits, just like any other, but are the cream of the crop. Just follow directions and you will have a great wine.

If you have made a Spagnols grape skin kit before, you should have no troubles. The Meritage is a skins kit, and if you haven't made one before, you should read up onhandling the skinsfirst, If you haven't made a Spagnols kit before, read the instructions closely as they are different from other brands. Not difficult, just different.

Steve

HI Steve, I have not made a skins kit, or a Spagnols kit... I will read up on handling the skins!!!!
Thanks for the insight,
Darryl

Thanks Peter, I will follow the directions and we will see what happens!!! I can't wait...
Darryl

Make sure to let the grape skin kit mature as it will be out of this world, if you have the means to cold stabilize this kit then do as a few of these kits have dropped wine diamonds over time after putting them in my wine cellar.

Hi wade, Thanks for the help... how do you mature the skins??? I'm working on the cold stabilizing... West TX in the summer... May wait till fall to make this kit.

He means to let this kit age (1 year or longer in the bottle or carboy). Kits with skins need more aging to come to their full potential. You can make it now. It never really gets cold enough in west texas to cold stabilize anyway, unless you have a temperature controlled freezer/fridge.

Temperature, while important to aging (cooler being better), is a little overrated. Temperature SWINGS are worse! This is what causes the wines to expand and contract in the bottle, which causes more oxygen to pass the cork barrier, and thus cuts down on the longevity of the wine.

Unless you are aging your wine over 5 or 6 years, you'll likely not notice a difference.

Hi Dean,
Thanks for the help!!!!! I will let them age... I'm working on a freezer...
thanks,
Darryl

Back