Mosti Mondiale Renaissance - Merlot - Old Vines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo

Reaction score
I started my Mosti Mondiale Renaissance - Merlot - Old Vines kit that I picked up at the bottling party. It's fermented, oaked, cleared and sleeping in the bottle. It was mighty tasty when we bottled. I may try one by the end of 2009. I hope to age it 2 years. I'm thinking of calling it the 'Economy Rebound Merlot'. I ordered the La Bodega Port kit also.

Sounds great Pablo. Economy Rebound Merlot you say- and you plan on aging 2 years. Does that mean we have to wait two years for the economy to rebound?

It will take longerif they keep giving money to CEOs that give it to their cronies instead of giving it out in loans like they are supposed to be doing with it. Should have let them go broke. Then we could see how big their bonuses were then.

I may have goofed this batch of Merlot. I degassed it. So I thought. We popped a bottle last night. Too much CO2 in the wine. I need to learn how to degas better. Will this ruin my wine for longterm storage? I'll have to read up on the brake bleeder or the pump. This batch was made early on in my wine making adventure. You learn from every batch. Is this just a minor inconvenience?

Pablo,
I think you've got a sparkler there! Might just as well enjoy it as such. Happy New year!

Latest posts

Back