Mosti Mondiale Renaissance Amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quntumleap

Junior
Reaction score
Just bottled my Renaissance 16L Amarone after 4 months bulk aging. This is one awesome wine. Tastes good enough to drink now based on the little that was left over after bottling. I can't believe what it will be like after 6-12 months in the bottle. Good thing I have some other reds I can drink so this one can age a bit!

JOHN

You are right. This is a really good wine. I made one over a year ago and it is awesome. This is the one I used as a base to make a chocolate port. I liked it so much as is, that I kept half out and kept that as was. I made the other half into a port. Super wine! I liked it so much that I sent a bottle to WineMaker Magazine's contest this year.

quntumleap said:
Just bottled my Renaissance 16L Amarone after 4 months bulk aging. This is one awesome wine. Tastes good enough to drink now based on the little that was left over after bottling. I can't believe what it will be like after 6-12 months in the bottle. Good thing I have some other reds I can drink so this one can age a bit!

JOHN

Best description is Simply Amazing after 18 months of aging!
VPC

I just ordered the Renaissance Amerone. Luckily, George has them on sale starting today. Better hurry!

I got the amerone started and it is now in the secondary with the oak. The next step says the normal instruction of racking to a sanitized carboy when the s.g. is stable at 0.996 or less. Does that mean that you only keep it on the oak for about 10-12 days? Is that long enough?

You can give it a bit more time before you rack it Barney. I may have even put a bit of oak in the next step- I will try to remember to check for you tomorrow.

Hey appleman!!! I wiould like to know on the oak as well... I started my kit (I got form George) today!!!
Thanks for the help,
Darryl

Sorry guys, it will need to wait until tomorrow morning. The connection online was down this AM when I was going to look it up and post, so I didn't get the chance today. I'll check in the AM.

I added no additional oak to this one. It had two 90gram bags of chips-dark toast. I felt those added enough for me- but again that is personal taste.

I added 3 0z. Hungarian Med Toast oak to a Mosti All Juice Amarone. The dark oak from the Renaissance gives it more toastiness.

Thanks Rich. I'm not a big fan of alot of oak but I wanted to make sure it was enough!

Latest posts

Back