Regional English Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amico1582

Junior
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest any great British English wines? I use to go on holiday to Cornwall all the time, so will be very interested if anyone has any suggestions of wines from the South West of England. Cheers :)

England and wine

NOT MUCH OF A HISTORY IN WINE MAKING IN ENGLAND,FROM THE NATIVES POINT OF VIEW,JULIUS CAESAR BROUGHT THE GRAPES IN,THAT'S NOT CERTAIN EITHER,BUT NOT MUCH IS HEARD OF THERE WINE MAKING SKILLS UNTIL THE 1900'STO 1905,NO WINE MAKING WAS CARRIED OUT AFTER WORLD WAR ONE.:dgTHE REST ,AS THEY SAY IS HISTORY.THERE NOW IS ESTAMATED OVER 400 VINEYARDS BY THE LATE 80'S/ 90'S,THE TOTAL NUMBER ROSE TO 2,000 ACRES...NOT A HOLE LOT AS WINE GROWING GOES.LET ME KNOW WHAT BRANDS YOU COME UP WITH .:try

I remember reading that the southernmost portion of England is on the same latitude as the more famous wine regions of France. If I had to find a good English wine, I would get as far south as possible.

Thanks for all the advice, I'm have had a look round and ordered this Cornish Regional Wine Hamper so I will let you know if this any good and please keep the British wine suggestion coming as I am looking out for my favourite British wine, Thanks.

I think we are more known for our Scottish and Irish Whiskeys than our wines but you might like to try some of the Chapel Down wines. Very nice!

Latest posts

Back