RED WINE STAINS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
CRY NO MORE!!!! [Maybe everyone knows this trick already...but here it is anyway]

If anyone should ever spill Red Wine on your table cloth.....then..immediatly pour the salt shaker full of salt on the table cloth and rub it in [works on carpets too]...leave the salt on it for awhile....The salt will suck out the wine stain.

Learned this many years ago from a girlfriend who was a server in a hotel restaurant.

Used this last night...voilà...washed the tablecloth....no stain today.

smiley4.gif
Edited by: Northern Winos

When I spill wine on a cloth I just use that cloth for my new straining bag. Just kidding.

Joan said:
Do you soak up the spilled wine before salting?

NO...just dump the salt and rub it in, let it sit as long as you can...I let it sit over night, not the slightest sign of a spot.

Last year at a club Christmas party some Mad Dog got spilled on a friends white carpet, we got out the salt package and covered it, rubbed it in and let it dry, later when she vacuumed it was perfect.

That's amazing! Don't you wonder about the first person was who discovered this trick? Why would you ever think to pour salt on a wine stain? Not me!
smiley4.gif

Thanks NW! =)

Latest posts

Back