Cellar Craft Red mountain cab enzyme blend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMK

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this is? Do I need to add if my SG is already at 0.990?

If memory serves, this is a pectic enzyme that can reduce the pectin haze in a wine. I would put it in the secondary and let it do it's thing. Cellar Craft kits seem to develop a white ring at the top that seems to be a pectin or protein residue. The enzyme seems to eliminate that

You add it after you have racked off the gross lees. Its an enzyme that will aid in breaking down a protein haze issue.

Thanks guys for the responses. I appreciate it. I'm feeling mighty lucky to have 2 of these kits as I heard so many good things.

For some reason, some of the CC kits develop a protein ring along the top of the carboy. The enzyme pack will remove this. I had a couple kits that took more than one dose. In those cases, I emailed the seller, and they sent me a second pack. That did the trick. Since then, I only use it if/when I see that ring show up.

Thanks guys for the responses. I appreciate it. I'm feeling mighty lucky to have 2 of these kits as I heard so many good things.

OK, now you're just bragging! :db I must admit, I am a bit jealous. Still think the CC Showcase Walla Walla Cab/Merlot rivals RMC but I'd still like to make another RMC.

I have two Red Mountains waiting patiently for a free fermenter. I will also enthusiastically endorse the Walla Walla Cab Merlot as an outstanding kit.

Latest posts

Back