Red Ale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marttt

Junior
Reaction score
I have seen alot of different hacks for these RJ's brewhouse kits. But I dont think I have read one for my favorite Red Ale. I was thinking about adding 2 L of water to the Red Ale wort and some Irish Yeast from Wyeast. I was thinking that it might be closer to a brown ale with only 2 L but that would be alright. Any suggestions on hopping for a nice red? Anyone tinker with the Red before?

Plus a side question... Does anyone have a good website to buy hops in Canada? Most of the places I find online only ship within the states. So for me to drive hours for just some hops gets kinda depressing.

Cheers

I haven't played with those kits so I can't tell you what you will come up with by adding "x" amount of water. If this is wort you don't dilute and you add water you are basically going to have "x" light.

Hops wise any "noble" hop will work fine. I suggest Kent's East Golding or Fuggles. If you do a Google search for Canada Home Brew Shops you will see quite a few that pop up. Look for one close to you and get ahold of them. Since this site is vendor owned and supported I am not going to post the names of any other shop on here.

I have dome 1 Brew house and didnyt hack it and it was alright, The True brew Red Ale is very good but I bet Brian "Georges Brew man"can whip up a good recipe that would be even better then the kit. He designed me a Magic Hat % 9 kit that Ill be starting probably next weekend.

Latest posts

Back