Recipe help for Valiant grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markowil

Reaction score
Hello everyone. We picked and froze about 10 lbs of valiant grapes from our vines here in Southern Alberta 2 weeks ago. I should be ready to start brewing in a couple of weeks, but would like some suggestions on recipes, and especially procedures for brewing. I've only made kits to this point, and a couple of small batches of fruit wines a few years ago, but not from our grapes yet.
If you are not familiar with Valiant grapes, they have a wonderful fruity nose, and that's why jams and jellies are made from them a lot. They are quite dry by themselves (particularly if left to brew on the skins) soi don't know if I should try a rosé' or blend them with something a little sweeter,like honey perhaps.
Help is certainly appreciated.

Sorry no one has responded to your post I would start with the neccessaties acid blend, tannin, yeast nutrient ect, then start with a small amount of sugar.... 1/2# to 1/2 gallon boiling water then add 1/2 # at a time till you get to 1.09 sg. Top with water to a gallon stir twice dailey for five days then transfer to carboy and air lock for a month or two keep notes on all you do and make corrections from there. good luck ! 10# should make agood tasting gallon or two. I used 12# catana grapes for a gallon with very little sugar cause they are very high sugar off the vine..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back