Grape Strain Help!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djshotokan

Junior
Reaction score
Okay! So, I did something rather fun and took about three years to do. My Great GREAT Grandmothers grapevines are still on the land. Not a single soul cared about them and one day three years ago I just happen to hear from my grandmother that her grandmother had planted them. They had since went crazy vines and hadnt produced in years , so I tended to them on the land and also took two snippets and took them to the house. Well Great news, after a few years of treatment, I was able to get a yield good enough for way too many jars of preseves and DEFINITELY time for wine!! Then it dawned on me, I cannot go to the local brew store and tell them I need the right yeast and other components for GREAT GREAT Grammas Grapes! That is not *currently* a known type!! So, I could definitely use some help in determining which type ive helped to ressurect! and tips on being able to discernt different varieties!

Last edited:
Since you don't know what varietal you have i would just use a neutral yeast and let it rip Im sure you will be satisfied with what you have and its great to have like a family heirloom so to say that you and your family can enjoy, don't stress over it people have been making wine for thousands of years and with wild yeast.

Since you don't know what varietal you have i would just use a neutral yeast and let it rip Im sure you will be satisfied with what you have and its great to have like a family heirloom so to say that you and your family can enjoy, don't stress over it people have been making wine for thousands of years and with wild yeast.
Great point! I also totally forgot to post the pics!

Latest posts

Back