Recipe for a berry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregg9212

gregg9212
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm Very new to wine making and looking at moving away from the kits as a little disappointed with the results. My wife has got a packed of mixed fruit in the freezer which includes blackberries, morello cherries, strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants and blackcurrants. I will obviously buy as much fruit as required to make up 21 litres but just wondering if someone could give me some advice on how to go about it and a recipe to follow.
Thanks
Gregg

Sounds like a nice mix although you'll probably want to make sure the cherries are pitted.

Freezing the fruit is the best first-step, as freezing helps to break the cells within the fruit open and when you thaw the fruit back out, the juice will leak from the fruit much easier.

8 to 10 pounds usually makes 1 US Gal, just to give you a ballpark.

You'll want to thaw the fruit, when you have enough, add pectic enzyme & let it sit for 12 hours

Then you'll want to measure the SG & TA, and adjust those if they need it - read through how to do this if you havent done it before, so you have an idea of what you're doing before you get to this step

Once the fruit is thawed, pectic enzyme has broken it down, you've added the proper sugar & adjusted the acidity, its time to add yeast nutrient to the must, then hydrate & pitch the yeast.

Sounds like a killer dragons blood mix. You can find the recipe on here or get it from Danger Dave.

You should look for the Dragonette recipe. It's an offshoot of the Dragon's Blood, without the lemon, made with just the berries. I think you could easily adapt it to your berries.

Would you have any idea where I can get the Dragonette recipe from? Found the dragons blood with the lemon but can't seem to find the other.
Sorry to be a pain
Gregg

Back