Raspberry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savana123

Reaction score
This is my favorite fruit after black grapes and I feel very good after having this fruit and I am looking for preparing raspberry wine once at my place!!!

Here I have the recipe that I got and sharing here:

• 12 cups raspberries, fresh
  • 5 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon yeast nutrient
  • 1 teaspoon acid blend
  • 2 campden tablets
  • 1/2 teaspoon pectic enzyme
  • 1 package wine yeast
  • 1 gallon water

Crush the berries and place in primary fermentor. Add water, sugar, nutrients, acid blend, pectic enzyme and crushed campden tablet. Stir well to dissolve sugar. Let sit overnight.

Specific gravity should be between 1.090 and 1.095. Sprinkle yeast over the mixture and stir. Stir daily for five or six days, until specific gravity is 1.040.

Strain the must and squeeze out as much juice as you can from the fruit. Siphon into secondary fermentor and place airlock.

For a dry wine, rack in three weeks, and every three months for one year. Bottle and for a sweet wine, rack at three weeks. Add 1/2 cup sugar dissolved in 1 cup wine. Stir gently, and place back into secondary fermentor. Repeat process every six weeks until fermentation does not restart with the addition of sugar. Rack every three months until one year old. Bottle.

The wine is best if you can refrain from drinking it for one full year from the date it was started and it is very important to sanitize all the equipments before and in the middle of using.

This is my favorite fruit after black grapes and I feel very good after having this fruit and I am looking for preparing raspberry wine once at my place!!!

Here I have the recipe that I got and sharing here:

• 12 cups raspberries, fresh
  • 5 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon yeast nutrient
  • 1 teaspoon acid blend
  • 2 campden tablets
  • 1/2 teaspoon pectic enzyme
  • 1 package wine yeast
  • 1 gallon water

Crush the berries and place in primary fermentor. Add water, sugar, nutrients, acid blend, pectic enzyme and crushed campden tablet. Stir well to dissolve sugar. Let sit overnight.

Specific gravity should be between 1.090 and 1.095. Sprinkle yeast over the mixture and stir. Stir daily for five or six days, until specific gravity is 1.040.

Strain the must and squeeze out as much juice as you can from the fruit. Siphon into secondary fermentor and place airlock.

For a dry wine, rack in three weeks, and every three months for one year. Bottle and for a sweet wine, rack at three weeks. Add 1/2 cup sugar dissolved in 1 cup wine. Stir gently, and place back into secondary fermentor. Repeat process every six weeks until fermentation does not restart with the addition of sugar. Rack every three months until one year old. Bottle.

The wine is best if you can refrain from drinking it for one full year from the date it was started and it is very important to sanitize all the equipments before and in the middle of using.

Don't be too rigid on the timeframe. I usually pull the fruit out after one week in primary and then I do not rack into the secondary until my sg is at 1.010 or lower.

Hi..

Hi.. Thank you for the suggestion Julie. I was little bit confused while posting this recipe. I was thinking that may be this quantity is wrong but then I posted this. Thanks for correcting my mistake..

Latest posts

Back