Raspberry F-Pac

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tovis

Reaction score
I am about to bottle my Rasperry Wine, but I want to whip up an F-Pac for this one. I've never done one. I've read somebody used Raspberry Jam along with pectic enzyme to make one. Others boil raspberry juice. Does anybody have any advice? Also, how much should I make for 3 gallons or is it not wise to do an F-Pac with raspberry?

I am lazy and would just use a can of welches white grape and rasberry 100% juice concentrate. One can will make a difference. Let it sit at least a day before adding more. Remember to add sorbate and sulfa to keep it from refermenting. This will sweeten it up as well as adding flavor.
There is a sticky I think about making an f-pak here somewhere. I have not made one yet.

General rule of thumb, add anything to taste, and less then you think. Let sit a day or more to fully intergrate before adding more. Bech testing by the glass is very usefull.

Sent from my iPod touch using Wine Making

I made f-pack with fresh squeezed raspberry juice which amounted to one standard bottle (750 ml) before I added it to my 3 gallon batch of dry wine. You may need a different amount, depending on what you are using your f-pack for. In my case the dry wine was too acidic and somewhat bitter to the palate, which is why I back-sweetened with the f-pack. It also muted some of the volatile acidity and added with a nice fresh raspberry juice aroma.

Back