ran out of acid blend-can I add it later?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While making a banana wine this weekend, I ran out of acid blend. I got about 1/3 of what the recipe called for. I had some citric acid, but was unsure about adding it and at what rate.

I will be able to get some Tuesday. I have already pitched the yeast. Can I safely add more acid blend after pitching the yeast?

I think youll be fine adding it tomorrow. I wouldnt wait to much longer
than that thiugh. You can add it at the end after ferm has finished as
long as its not to far off.

I suppose the question revolves around whether the acid blend has an effect on the way in which fermentation takes place, which I suspect it might. A little delay will not hurt but I imagine you'd get different results if you were to add it at the end of the process.

I added the acid blend today. I guess time will tell. The next time I will look and make sure I have everything instead of thinking that I do! Thanks everyone for the help.

muscadine wine ,
Sounds like you pulled one of my stunts ...Like doing an Icewine and not haveing a 3 Gallon Carboy....Had to Call George to bail me out.....I call it the Murphy's Law thing with me....
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back