Mosti Mondiale Question: Original All-Juice vs. Renaissance

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcb54

Reaction score
I was going to order a Valpolicella and was looking at both the Original All-Juice (pail) and the Renaissance. The price between the 2 kits is negligible.

What is the real difference here? Has anyone had any experiences with either (or both) of these and do you have any preference? If so, why?

I posted the same topic about a week ago. From what I can gather they will both turn out excellent wines. The advice I got was that the Renaissance kit will progress a little faster than the All-Juice but the AJ will be better if you leave it for a year or so. I have decided to go with the AJ kit because I am really looking for a full-bodied red wine and I figure the more juice the better. I will be ordering my AJ Shiraz next week and I can't wait to get started on it!

I am also interested in tcb54's topic in that i am interested in the Amarone.
Looks like alljuice needs longer to age.

It is true. The All-juice will most likely take longer to come around and be a little better in the long run. The Renaissance will be better earlier though.

Good news. The Renaissance kits will be on sale all of March! Maybe you should get bot the Ren and the All Juice and compare them yourself. The Renaissance will be ready to drink a bit sooner.

<TABLE =tableBorder style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =msgableRow vAlign=top></TD></TR>
<TR =msgableRow>
<TD =msgLineDevider vAlign=top height=150>
<DIV =msg style=": left; OVERFLOW: auto">Good news. The Renaissance kits will be on sale all of March! Maybe you should get bot the Ren and the All Juice and compare them yourself. The Renaissance will be ready to drink a bit sooner. </TD></TR></T></TABLE>Happy days are a day away.
smiley32.gif
Thats great for a newbe like me. Now the fun part which kit or kits
smiley17.gif

I have so more info on this subject in the newsletter coming out tonite.

The first batch I made was the Renaissance Chianti and its only about two months old, but it came pretty darn good. The main red that I drank before I started making wine was Chianti, and I feel the Renaissance is extremely good already.

Very informative newsletter indeed George! Nice explanation of the AJ compared to the Renaissance, and I really appreciate the Aging schedule, think I will print that out and use as a guide to my bulk/bottle aging Thanks for another great Newsletter!

You are most welcome. The newsletters take a lot of time and I constantly wonder if anyone reads them, so it is very nice to hear that they are read. I have had more compliments on this newsletter than any in a long while. Will have to sick Joseph on a new subject.

I also always read the newsletters George. It is a rare newsletter that I can't glean a few usefull facts and tidbits from. I for one would miss them.

I read them top to bottom, George! They are always wonderful! I love the first of the month!

Also read them top to bottom. Although we are new here, still look forward to the newsletter, lots of good information. Probably print it out so we can save the chart to hard copy.

JW, in answer to your quote at the bottom of your messages, the answer is a resounding "YES".
smiley36.gif

Moose, love your quote at the bottom of your message!!!! So true!!!
smiley4.gif

George,
I read every word of those FWV missals! The aging article was particularly valuable. Can we a bibliography for further study?
Also, I think you said you were going to post alog on wines you have made at the shop. I sure would be interested in reading that too.

The wine log database is still primarily on paper. Just need a couple of days away from the store to finish it. Just not ready to pay someone to do something I can do myself (if I had the time).

BTW, we are working on something that I think everyone will really like.
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back