Question on using hog panels for wine rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olusteebus

Reaction score
Could I make hog panel racks in tandem, like a rack in front of another rack. Would it be easy enough to reach throug the front rack to place or retrieve abottle in the back rack?

Four panels leaving enough space so they don't touch. But then again, I may want the front bottle to touch the back one. I could be wrong but it seems I could get about 280 or so bottles in a relative small area.

funny you should post this idea! I just joined up to look for this very topic.

I am mocking up a cattle panel rack using a panel with 4"x4" grid. Looking at spacing two panels 8" apart, fastened to 2x4 frames...with a longer base member for stability. The panels themselves are strong enough to easily support themselves and the wine bottles. Pretty simple, pretty cheap, very functional.

There is another thread here that shows a picture similar to what I am making. Except I will be using 2x4's as a "face frames" surrounding the panels...simply because I want to stain and finish the wood.

Why cattle panels? because they are just leaning against the barn, may as well use them!

That is basically what I plan but I want two of them, one in front of the other. The front bottle will be stopped from going back by touching the back bottle which will be against the wall. That way, I will be getting twice the number of bottles in the same wall space as just one rack.

Sounds like a great idea, please post pics, maybe some stepping through the process

Back