Question about Peach Cider

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7oakacres

Reaction score
I purchased just over 6 gallons of peach cider in Georgia. The question I ask is, Has anyone made wine from just the cider or would it be better to blend it with the frozen grape juice concentrate? Even better yet, If someone had a recipe for it!

Jeff

So what I did for this is practically noting but add a little sugar to bring the SG up. When I checked it, It was right at 1.055. Brought it up too 1.080 added a little energizer, nutrient and potassium metabisulphite to kill off the wild yeast. Simple but we will see what it turns out to be in a few weeks.

Im going to guess that it turns out very thin but a little alcoholic. You probably will need to "enhance" its flavor with peach syrup or flavoring.

P.S. You did good only bringing it up to 1.080, too many people would have gone for the 1.100 and rocket fuel with zero taste.

Im going to guess that it turns out very thin but a little alcoholic. You probably will need to "enhance" its flavor with peach syrup or flavoring.

P.S. You did good only bringing it up to 1.080, too many people would have gone for the 1.100 and rocket fuel with zero taste.

Your right, I don't want rocket fuel at all!! I really want to enjoy the flavor of this wine. And yes, I will be making a flavor pack to enhance the final product.

It just so happens that I have a one gallon just of peach cider from Georgia, and I just got two cans of Vintner's Harvest peach puree. I plan on using these to make three gallons of peach wine, which I haven't done before. Thoughts?

Back