prise de mousse

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
Someone just gave me some red star prise de mousse yeast.

I think it is now called priemere cuvee or something like that.

In researching the name i seem to find writers referring to the prise de mousse as an occurance rather than just a yeast strain.
Will somepne clarify this for me please.

The yeast is undated also. I'm a starter bottle fan so if its a dud it wont ever get into any wine primary.

I think you have it right there Scotty. It may be old, but give it a shot. If it starts up, good, if not- oh well. I always thought that Prise de Mousse was a fancy French Term for Mouse Prize- You drain that barrel down to the bottom and you get the mouse prize that fell in it at some stage and died- Happy I might add!

All those french names for food and wine usually sound better than they taste.
I have a cousin who always talked about french cooking.
I went to the drake in chicago about 40 years ago and tried the stuff.
Good food no doubt but i guess the french resturants need those names to charge high prices for chicken with some wine poured over it.

I always laugh at thebeef and brown gravy with mushrooms.

I love snails in butter sauce but i guess the english names ruin the glamor
smiley36.gif

I am thinking of makinga "Worm Wine" may not taste too good but it would have loads of Protien
smiley36.gif

Waldo said:
I am thinking of makinga "Worm Wine" may not taste too good but it would have loads of Protien
smiley36.gif

What will you name it Waldo.

Vin a la squisheee musheee
smiley36.gif

OH YES

Does any one know what type of wine this mystery yeast may be best for???

prise de mousse is fairly versatile--reds, whites, rose, stuck fermentations. works well in a broad temperature range and it has a low N requirement, so you won't need to add much (if any) DAP. PDM is also a low producer of H2S.

Latest posts

Back