RJ Spagnols Premier Cru Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhenry41h

Junior
Reaction score
Has anybody made a Premier Cru? I saw a few at my LHBS for 99 bucks and cant help but notice the $99 price tag.

Thought I'd bump this thread, since I had the same question.

What interests me about Premier Cru is that it comes in a pail with 23 litres of juice. Does this put it above the RJS Winery and En Primeur brands, which are both very good, or does it have more to do with ease of preparation?

Don

Thought I'd bump this thread, since I had the same question.

What interests me about Premier Cru is that it comes in a pail with 23 litres of juice. Does this put it above the RJS Winery and En Primeur brands, which are both very good, or does it have more to do with ease of preparation?

Don
I haven't seen a Premier Cru kit in a long time. It is probably mostly juice with some concentrate. If possible, read the ingredient list on the pail. One reason, btw, for a bit of concentrate is to help with shelf life of the kit.

The Winery Series and EP reds include grape skins. This makes them a better kit than the Premier Cru. In the case of the whites, I'm not so sure, but I would expect the EP kits to have a better quality juice.

Steve

To follow up on Steve, I have not seen/done any Premier Cru but the EP and Winery Reds have been very nice. I have also bottled 2 En Premiur Whites and they have been outstanding. Definately a step above the Cru Select and probably due to more/better juice in them.

cheers

So basically it's a reconstituted mid-grade concentrate with no skins. Hmmm... think I will stick with the Winery and En Primeur brands.

Thank you all for the feedback,
Don

Back