Power juicer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

I love this obsession
Reaction score
Hey all! I might be able to get a pretty good deal on a Jack Lalane (Spelling???) deluxe power juicer.

What is your opinion on using it for making wine??? :sm

Dont like it. U dont need it to make fruit wine.
Instead core fruit, freeze for 2 days, add needed water toss correct #'s per gal, add Pectic Enzyme.
DONE.

OK Tom that is what I am doing now. I hear about steam juicers and such and what about grapes? I know it would take a while but if I don't have a press or destemmer.. ??? Don't know just soliciting feedback and don't want to invest in a press and destemmer at this point maybe in a few years..

If you plan on doing alot of grapes then you really need a crusher destemer. I dont do grapes. I say stick to fruit, kits, concentrates and wine juice for now. Get a few (many) years under your belt before going grapes.
I LOVE my steamer juicer. What I do is freeze da fruit and steam and can them. This way I can make fruit wine when I want not when its in season. Its also good to do if you cant get enough fruit to make a batch before the fruit rots.

Hey all! I might be able to get a pretty good deal on a Jack Lalane (Spelling???) deluxe power juicer.

What is your opinion on using it for making wine??? :sm

I bought one last March when I first decided to make wine. BIG mistake! Tried to use it 4 times to make various types of wine. Dang thing gets stopped up, doesn't juice the fruit / grapes, and always ended up a big mess! Ended up giving it away. Waste of your money, don't do it.

I have a juicer that I use for making ginger beer. I can't see doing that for 6 gallons of grape juice. I'll try it with some of the grapes we have here and let you know how it goes. That is if the kids didn't eat them all - store grapes, not wine grapes. They aren't that spoiled!

F Y I

Store grapes do not make good wine

F Y I

Store grapes do not make good wine

I know that! I was just going to try it to see how it works. Kids ate them thought. Next time we have them in the house i'll give it a whirl.

Thanks all for the input. Thanks dave I hear you. Rob I would be interested in seeing how your experiment goes if you don't mind. I probably won't get one but would like to know the results anyway. Maybe just for drinking juice.. Again thanks all!!

Back